Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Very Important Question For Husbands

                                          Photo Courtesy of catholicfire.blogspot.com

Husbands, I want to talk for a minute about the following bible verse:
Ephesians 5:22 (NIV)
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
The first question you might ask yourselves is why are we discussing this? This is a verse for women. That question could not be farther from the truth. This verse has a lot of mixed emotions around it. I have heard the following statements from wives. “He doesn’t know what he is doing, why should I listen to him?” “I will never submit to a man!” The problem I have seen is that everyone reads the first part of the sentence, but never the last part. When writing this book, Paul wanted us to know that being married to someone is the same as being married to God. We choose to trust our Lord and we also choose to trust our spouse.
This brings me to my point. Our wives choose to trust us. What we do with that trust is our choice. I trust in God. I know, without a doubt, that He will always be beside me. He will always protect me. He will always guide me and most importantly, He will always love me. Can your wife say the same thing about you? For some wives, submitting to your husband can be a very frightening decision. The same feeling some husband’s feel when they put their faith in God to help them work out problems in their lives. Only three verses’ later, Paul describes our job.
Ephesians 5:25(NIV)
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

That is a very powerful love. God loves us so much, he gave up his only son that we may have everlasting life. Everyone knows that verse, right? John 3:16. Being a child of God fills your heart with peace knowing that you are always taken care of. The question you need to ask yourself is this:

Does my wife know that I will always be with her, love her, guide her, and cherish her?

                                                                                                                                     ~Husband
                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...